Onion Potato Soup
- 12 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 medium onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- crumbled bacon for garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- In a large pot over high heat, combine the potatoes, onions and water to cover and boil for 30 to 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the mixture, reserving 3 cups of the water.
- Puree in blender in small batches.
- In the same pot over medium heat, melt the butter and slowly add in flour, whisking well.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Reduce heat to low and add the pureed potato mixture. Let simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper to taste.
- Add parsley, bacon, and cheese to each serving for garnish.