Sweet Potato Soufflé
- 5 whole large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 1 stick butter
- Wash sweet potatoes, and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Add the white sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt to the potatoes and mash them lightly.
- In a separate bowl, add brown sugar, pecans, flour, and ¾ of the butter. Mash with a fork or pastry cutter until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour sweet potato mixture evenly into a baking dish, and sprinkle the dry mixture over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.