- 3 (2.8 ounce) cans French-fried onion, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion power
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream (for garnish)
- Chives, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a resalable bag or container, combine fried onions, Parmesan, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes slices and butter. Toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes in the bag or container with the onion mixture. Seal the bag and shake to coat.
- On a large baking sheet, place the potatoes in one layer. Top with any remaining onion mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375, until potatoes are tender.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, and sprinkle Cheddar cheese over them.
- Continue to bake for 2 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- When serving, sprinkle lightly with chopped chives, and a dollop of sour cream if desired.