Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 1 C butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ C half and half
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large pieces.
- Boil the potatoes for about 30 minutes until fork tender. Drain and return to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes over low heat.
- Turn off heat and add 1 ¾ sticks of butter, cream cheese, and half and half, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Cut remaining butter into slices, and place evenly on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.