- 2 cups white flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 8 cups (16 ounces) fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, add flour and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Slowly pour in 1/3 cup of the oil and 1-2 tablespoons of water while stirring to form dough, making sure not to over mix.
- Form the dough into a ball and gently roll it out into a 9 inch diameter.
- Press the rolled dough into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Poke the bottom of the crust all over with a fork, and set aside.
- To make the filling: Sauté the onion in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and zucchini, and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and heat until wilted.
- Add the garlic, remaining salt, Italian seasoning, mustard, paprika,
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and the onion. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and zucchini, and sauté an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Add the garlic, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, marjoram, basil, thyme, mustard, paprika, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove pie from the oven and garnish with a ring of tomato slices.