Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked Simple Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover, and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour liquid mixture over the chicken mixture. Cover with top crust, and seal edges.
- Make several small slits in the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.