Perfect Pear Pie
- 2 9 inch Simple Pie Crusts
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 5 cups peeled and sliced pears
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, salt cinnamon, and lemon zest.
- Place one of the pie crusts in a 9 inch pie pan. Arrange the pears in layers in the pastry lined pan, sprinkling sugar mixtureover each layer as you go.
- Dot the top of the final pear layer with butter, and sprinkle the lemon juice.
- Place the second pie crust over the top and seal the edges.
- Make several slits for steam to escape.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 minutes.