Ginger Dandy Apple Pie
- 2 Simple Pie Crusts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- About 7 medium Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Braeburn apples
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one Simple Pie Crust in pie plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ¾ cup of sugar, cornstarch, raisins, ginger, and lime zest.
- Peel, halve, core, and cut apples into ¼ inch thick wedges.
- Add apples and lime juice into the mixing bowl. Gently toss to coat.
- Spread mixture into the pie plate, and dot with butter.
- Place second crust on top of the pie, and seal edges. Cut several large slits to allow for steam evaporation.
- Sprinkle the top of the pie with sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes at 375 degrees, until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack before serving.