- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Canola oil, for frying
- In a deep pan, heat the canola oil to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Hold a funnel over the hot oil. Pour ½ cup of batter into the funnel, and use quick swirling motions to distribute the batter in the oil.
- Fry for 2 or 3 minutes, flipping to brown both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel for 1 minute.
- Coat with powdered sugar and serve immediately.