Lime Meltaway Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Put butter and 1/3 cup confectioners sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add in lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla, and mix until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, and toss the balls in the remaining confectioners sugar.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, gently pat the balls flat, about ¼ of an inch.
- Bake cookies for about 13 minutes, until very lightly golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, gently toss them with the remaining confectioners sugar.