Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until combined.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto two baking sheets, at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool 2 minutes on sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.