Japanese Gyoza Dumplings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- In a large skillet, Heat sesame oil over medium high heat.
- Mix in cabbage, onion, garlic and carrot and cook, cabbage is limp, stirring constantly.
- Add ground pork and egg to the skillet and cook until pork is evenly brown and egg is firm.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of the cabbage and pork mixture in the center of each wrapper, fold the wrappers in half over filling, and seal edges with moistened fingers.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook gyoza in the oil approximately 1 minute per side, until lightly browned. Place water into skillet and reduce heat. Cover and allow gyoza to steam until the water is gone.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and rice vinegar. Use the mixture as a dipping sauce for the finished wrappers.