Before summer disappears completely, I thought I would post this recipe for my very favorite salad. It’s easy and delicious, and great as a side or for lunch. I like to make a big batch of it and nibble it for several days.
- 2 cucumbers cubed
- 1 red onion diced
- 3-4 tomatoes cubed
- 1 red pepper cubed
- 1 green pepper cubed
- 1 jar of Greek olives
- Newman’s Own Light Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil Dressing
- Italian seasoning
- Feta cheese
- Cut all vegetables to desired bite size cubes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing and Italian seasoning, and mix well, so that all vegetables are coated.
- Crumble feta cheese on top when serving.
I use about 3 tablespoons of the Newman’s dressing because I don’t like to cover up the amazing vegetable flavors. I know some people like their veggies swimming in the stuff, but it really ruins the freshness, and also makes the veggies soggy very quickly.
Crunchy, fresh, delicious!